Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement savings account with employer match
• Generous paid time off programs
• Employee referral incentive program
• Tuition/professional development reimbursement
• Nursing Scholarship opportunities
PRN (As Needed)
Conducts diagnostic and vascular ultrasonography procedures in order to provide data used by physicians in diagnosis and treatment purposes. Relays pertinent clinical information to the interpreting physician and observes patients during procedures for any abnormalities.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Reviews patient's chart/order/previous procedures and records information for interpreting physician viewing and accurate interpretation prior to beginning procedure.
4. Performs all procedures according to departmental policies in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Selects appropriate equipment and transducer settings, adjusts equipment controls by hand or manipulation according to specific orders and part of body to be examined.
6. Assists appropriate patients in assuming proper physical position and explain procedure to patients to elicit cooperation and calm apprehensions.
7. Observes display screen to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes and then saves for permanent record.
8. Discusses examination with interpreting physician, ordering physicians or other departmental personnel and seeks input from the interpreting physician to enhance technical skills.
9. Performs transportation duties, scheduling duties, clerical duties, and ordering duties as needed.
10. Participates in on-call scheduling as needed, adjusts schedule to meet the needs of patients and flexes up/down when necessary.
11. Routinely cleans equipment according to policies.
12. Maintains all necessary documentation for exam completion.
13. Assists with the orientation of new staff when needed.
14. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Completion of two/three years of occupationally specific education beyond high school in radiologic technology, ultrasonography, other related education, or on the job training/education.
Licensure: ARRT, ARDMS, RDCS, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), equivalent certification or Registry eligible. Registry eligible candidates must obtain registry status within 3 years of hire. CPR certification.
Experience: Completion of at least two years of occupationally specific education beyond high school in radiologic technology, ultrasonography, other related education, or on the job training.
Other Job Requirements: Requires the knowledge to learn and understand ultrasound physics. The ability to recognize and demonstrate pertinent anatomy and pathology is vital. Requires the ability to consistently perform at a high level of mental effort while performing tasks accurately and without error. Analytical skills are required to perform ultrasound tasks accurately as well as handling multiple tasks at the same time. Requires independent judgment with the ability to perform any examination without direct supervision. Work requires direct patient care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 9 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!