If you are looking for a career with purpose, consider joining our Team! We are a team of driven and dedicated professionals making an impact in the lives of farmers, ranchers, families, and rural communities through-out Florida. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, and to our employees!
We are seeking to hire a Special Assets Officer. The successful candidate will manage a loan portfolio of high-risk assets and work to appropriately manage risk with a view toward the desired outcome of improving the borrower's financial performance, maintaining the relationship, and managing risk reduction. This position will be located in the Farm Credit of Florida territory.
You will be responsible for:
• Evaluating loan strengths and weaknesses, determining the appropriate collect or correct strategy.
• Implementing and executing these strategies in an efficient and effective manner within the parameters set by applicable policies, procedures and guidelines as directed by SAF Management.
• Utilizing negotiating skills to resolve problem cases prior to legal action when appropriate and in the best interest of the Association.
• Complying with Borrower Rights for distressed assets in accordance with FCA and the Association regulations.
• Coordinating and managing, in conjunction with Association retained legal counsel, foreclosures and bankruptcy-related litigation activities of the Association.
• Working to ensure timely legal resolution of foreclosures and bankruptcies to take possession of Association collateral and recover deficiencies in such a manner as to limit expenses and mitigate losses.
• Ensuring that proper and complete accounting records are maintained as prescribed by policy, procedure and GAAP, including but not limited to Charge Off's, Specific Reserves, and Quarterly FASB 114 reporting.
• Timely and accurate reporting of potential properties moving to OPO.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• Skilled and experienced in negotiating workout strategies, troubled debt restructuring and ability to communicate effectively with the borrowers.
• Excellent customer contact skills.
• Accounting skills are essential for credit analysis.
• Strong knowledge of basic laws governing commercial lending (including the foreclosure process).
• Capability of handling high stress situations in a business and professional manner.
• Ability to negotiate complex transactions.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience. Farm Credit experience, is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of agricultural and /or commercial lending experience or related experience.
Farm Credit of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Drug Free Workplace.
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 10 hours ago
St. Louis, Missouri
Posted about 2 hours ago
Del Mar, California
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our