Working under general supervision, the Inventory Specialist assists in the inventory accuracy of all stores by updating daily store activity on file from nightly transmissions and by maintaining all inventory files. The Inventory Specialist researches and resolves issues affecting stores' inventory on-hands. The principal business outcome for this role is to support store-level sales growth by monitoring and managing the data needed to ensure an optimal product assortment in each store. He or she will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Supervisor guidance will include weekly task summaries. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Communicate research results clearly in a timely manner (one business day) to field customers, Inventory Control associates, and other internal departments arising from their inventory, transfer, or distro inquiries.
* Create productive, trusting field relationships to resolve inventory accuracy issues; this includes, but is not limited to, responding to phone and email inquires within 24 hours of receipt, escalating issues to supervisors as needed, researching inventory issues carefully, and helping to identify lasting solutions within one business week of being asked for assistance.
* Document communication with the field as specified so it can be used for research purposes.
* Analyze inventory data using Inventory Control programs and tools to track transferred inventory between stores and warehouses (SKU research, GISMO, Refurb WM, IC Track, and Access programs).
* Provide details to UPS, FedEx, or other carrier(s) on outstanding, damaged, or pilfered shipments and ensure all shipping incidents are properly documented.
* Research title and quantity discrepancies and take appropriate action to reflect accurate inventory quantities.
* Research and resolve inventory issues that result from stores' sales, inventory transfers and miscellaneous inventory adjustments using GISMO, SKU research and IC Track.
* Utilize time management skills to complete their assigned duties accurately and on time.
* Identify and research current and potential inventory issues and resolve those issues in a timely manner (respond to initial inquiry within 24 hours and identify a solution within five business days)
* Within the general scope of this role, support the general business goals of the Inventory Control team by assisting others as needed.
* Information Monitoring - Collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Building Trusting Relationships - using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships.
with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
* Managing Work - Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High school diploma or GED required; Associate degree in business, accounting, information systems or a related business discipline preferred.
* At least 1 year of call center, customer service, or retail experience required; experience in inventory control preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Proficient ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Proficient presentation skills to effectively present information to an audience of varying responsibility within the company
* Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Word
* Possess accurate typing and data entry skills
* Working knowledge of sorting and filing using alpha and/or numeric order
* Working ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
* Working ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
* Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
* Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
* Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, respectful workplace, and ethical responsibilities
Posted 19 minutes ago
Posted 19 minutes ago
San Francisco, California
Posted 19 minutes ago