If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Medicine - Infectious Diseases has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Administrative Assistant. The Sr. Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities for assigned department(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supports department and/or department leadership with daily clerical tasks.
- Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
- Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments and updates calendars.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for department leadership and staff, as needed.
- Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
- Greets and provides general support to visitors.
- Develops and maintains department filing system.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.