Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
System Job Title: Senior Report Analyst
CLS Band Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
As a member of the Owner Services Reporting team, the Senior Report Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of MVW's Owner Services Data Warehouse and reports, and to mentor junior staff members. This position will interact with Owner Services associates and leadership to ensure reporting and data analysis needs are met. Primary responsibilities include development of reports, performing in-depth data analysis, research subjects critical to the business needs of Owner Services. Additional duties include design, troubleshooting, bug analysis, research, and testing. Other responsibilities include code control, delivering change requests and documenting work product.
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
- Gathers reporting need requests from business users and makes proper documentation.
- Responsible for data analysis, research, design, development, and of testing reports in accordance with standard team processes.
- Responsible for test plans for new data integration and application reporting projects.
- Drives efficient and effective internal and customer interfacing reporting processes.
- Constantly seeks process improvement opportunities and applies Agile practices to those opportunities.
- Assist in the organization of the Owner Services reporting inventory. Document existing reports, including audience, frequency, and report information into SQL Server database. Identify redundant reporting and opportunities for consolidation.
- Must be an expert in designing, building and managing relational databases, specifically SQL Server.
- Highly versed and skilled in what tools are available to run, update and build SQL reports and scripts.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver report training materials for the end user. Maintain documentation, manuals and user information.
- Must be proficient in modern Integrate Development Environment (IDEs) such as but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Data Studio and VS Code.
- Able to learn and understand new tools and techniques as they become available.
- Transform data from multiple sources into coherent data sets
- Create ad-hoc Excel-based reports using Microsoft T-SQL
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Facilitates the resolution of reporting issues.
- Performs analysis and design for business processes and/or projects for reporting needs.
- Must demonstrate time management best practices and project ownership.
- Coordinate with DBA and Project and Release Management for the deployment of queries, views, stored procedures and reports into test and production.
- Analyze business process changes and utilize technology to perform complex data analysis.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
- Learn and teach complex business processes and share experience and knowledge with the business and other team members. Participate in formal and ad hoc training as necessary.
- Mentor, leads and serves as Subject Mater Expert (SME) to other members of the team.
- Perform code review and provide feedback to Jr report developers.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile Education
- BS/BA in a related field or demonstrated equivalent and relevant work experience and/or training.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience with demonstrated skills as follows:
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years of business analysis experience.
- At least 5 years of report development experience.
- Business process design and development skills.
- Analytical mindset and skills.
- Proven business process design and development skills.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Proven customer service orientation and excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and initiative to learn new technologies.
- Committed to data quality and ability to verify own and the work product of others.
- Microsoft Office
- SQL experience (SQL Server, mySQL, Oracle etc.)
- Report Development experience (charting, graphing, data exporting)
- Data analytics, cause effect analysis, data correlation
- Tableau, Power BI, AWS SageMaker, or similar
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.