If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Central Business Office has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Senior Chargemaster Analyst to work at the Coral Gables Campus. The Senior Chargemaster Analyst ensures complete and timely charging by managing regulatory changes, providing education, performing audits, and maximizing the capabilities of the charge description system. Additionally, this employee ensures consistent and accurate claims processing and data collection and documents all processes and procedures regarding the revenue cycle.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Establishes new charges in accordance with hospital charging protocols.
- Monitors laws and regulations that may impact department activities to ensure all charges bill accurately as mandated.
- Establishes charge codes for all new departments and satellite locations.
- Develops billing vouchers, and trains staff on accurate charge capture process.
- Conducts regular audits and provides education to management on the billing and charging processes.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of charging issues and related operational practices to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to increase revenue.
- Assists with research and identifies possible issues at the claim level for billing and collection staff.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: