We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
You have a strong technical background and want to be a contributor in the technical community through writing and presenting in-person and virtually.
The Citrix Developer Relations team is responsible for the care and feeding of the Citrix's community of admins, developers, architects, engineers and other technical professionals - EVERYONE working hands-on with Citrix technology. We help our community build value with Citrix technology by coding, scripting and building. We nurture advocacy and help others skill-up across the entire range of Citrix products: Workspace, Virtual Apps & Desktops, Application Delivery Controller, SD-WAN, Podio, Wrike and more.
As a developer evangelist you will:
- Create and deliver engaging technical content across all channels: conference sessions, technical articles, blog posts, code repositories, podcasts, webinars, and social media.
- Develop your profile as a subject matter expert within the Citrix technical community and the industry as a whole.
- Work with Citrix service teams to understand their products and services and evangelize them to the wider technical community.
- Support Citrix' product and engineering efforts by sharing what you learn while engaging with the wider Citrix community and the industry at large.
- Build relationships with the various facets of the Citrix technical community, including CTPs, CTAs, and CUGC, bringing their concerns to Citrix service teams.
- Balance the interests of Citrix within the community, and the community within Citrix.
- Behave with honesty, integrity and transparency, building trust with Citrix' service teams and the external community.
- 5+ years of experience with end user computing technologies such as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), Application Delivery, Application Security and SD-WAN.
- Excellent communication skills, a contributor to the technical community as well as a dynamic technical public speaker who enjoys presenting in-person and virtually.
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve. Ability to self-study; ramp to new technologies. Technical skills sufficient to experiment and forge new paths, even with limited documentation and with less stable or products in Beta/Preview stage.
- Previous experience in a Developer Advocate, Developer Evangelist, Technical Marketing Manager, or Software Engineer role that included community involvement or public speaking. Relevant consulting / project-based / volunteer work will also be considered.
- Passion for helping connect people and communities to Citrix technologies with a particular emphasis on engaging technical professionals; this might include beginner or intermediate admins, developers, architects, engineers and IT professionals, or other roles.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will engage both our technical community and technical professions that are not yet using Citrix' technologies. Understanding of technical professionals that are seeking to up-skill, and why/how they make choices about the technologies they use. You have a "pulse" on the tech industry. You separate the signal from the noise.
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and communications skills, especially across teams distributed worldwide - including the keen ability to translate complex ideas into various media (code repos, demos, slides, speaker's notes, email, and other docs) for effective, audience-appropriate consumption.
- Primarily to Citrix and community events in your regional geographic area. Opportunity to contribute and present at events worldwide.
*LI-JB2What you're looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It's a simple philosophy that guides everything we do - including how we work. If you're an engineer, we'll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we'd love to talk.Functional Area:
Product ManagementAbout us:
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we're all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You'll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us atASKHR@citrix.comfor assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.