Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
The Sr. Development Project Manager is primarily responsible for timely completion of development and industrialization activity of assigned projects. Additionally, this position has the responsibility for providing comprehensive project management support including, but not limited to: using effective project management techniques, planning, coordinating and managing the accelerated development and industrialization of new products and major product modifications in a multidisciplinary engineering environment. This position has direct involvement relative to ISO documentation, which includes documentation, approval, coordination and/or implementation of the appropriate Group B (Customer and Product) Policies and Procedures in support of corporate policies.
In addition to these tasks, the Sr. Development Project manager will also be responsible for the following main accountabilities:
- Maintain an effective product planning process to ensure a minimum 90% of product schedules, product and project costs are met. All items must be kept current for the entire development of the product.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team through 5 - 7 New Product Development projects without a direct reporting structure from product conceptualization through release for sale in a high volume product manufacturing corporation.
- Ability to problem solve and drive teams through successful risk mitigation tools and techniques.
- Proven track record of the ability to work well with all levels of the organization with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Provide updates to the Priority Project Status Report on a monthly basis
- Lead team members through creative solutions amidst delays or problems to maintain original project release schedules.
- Assist management by assessing financial viability of a product
- Manage projects to comply with requirements of the ISO 9008 Standard
- Continue education on the latest project management techniques and remain on the forefront of business practices.
- Ability to lead Hardware projects using Agile techniques
- Lead Sprint Planning Sessions
- Lead Daily Stand-up Meetings
- Develop & Maintain Project Burn Down Charts
- Assist Product Owner in developing and maintaining the Project Backlog
- Assist Product Owner in obtaining stakeholder buy-in
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in a Project Management Role
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college in Engineering or Project Management
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- PMI-ACP or Agile Experience Preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Phase Gated product development process and managing phase exits. Drive conformance and accountability of cross functional team to the process.
- Adept at conflict resolution and timely escalation
- Familiar with using earned value methodology to track projects
- Drive continuous reduction in project cycle time. Familiar with use of PERT techniques for project timeline estimation and planning.
- Drive continuous improvement in NPD process and applying lean principles to achieve optimized process.
- Familiarity with financial metrics of NPD project like IRR, Gross Margins, Payback etc.
- Willingness to Travel: 10%
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Marsh, AS 400, ECM (Internal Doc.), and Web Base Programs
- Advanced skills in MS Project (Enterprise)
- Project Management Skills required, certificates optional based on experience
Badger Meter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
This job has expired.