Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class-while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2020 revenue of $1.9B, a growth of 30% versus 2019. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Sr Equipment Development Engineer is responsible for developing and sustaining scalable coating equipment for Dexcom's current and next-generation glucose sensors. This engineer will manage the equipment technology roadmap, starting from lab-scale novel coating techniques all the way to sustaining global manufacturing with expert technical advice. This position requires strong interpersonal skills to drive internal experimentation, as well as detailed requirement mapping to ensure technical success at external machine builders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Experience and Education
- R&D Technical Lead for coating application equipment to be used in Dexcom's glucose sensor manufacturing process.
- As a technical lead, it is essential the candidate coordinate cross-functional and cross-departmental individuals and teams and effectively leverage in-house talent and external contractors to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Must support near-term deliverables for maintaining and improving existing equipment as well as screening innovative technologies for future projects and future product lines.
- Work with OPS engineers to monitor and analyze current production data to identify critical process parameters and opportunities for future equipment and process revisions.
- Develop requirements and specifications for new sensor manufacturing equipment, ensuring seamless transitions into pilot-scale and production-scale manufacturing.
- Generate SOPs and validation documents (IQ/OQ/PQ/etc.) required for the implementation of developed procedures and equipment.
- Lead or contribute to root-cause analysis experiments and present findings to project teams.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Masters degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
- Process development experience
- Ability to evaluate and apply design tradeoffs and constraints for design optimization.
- Ability to run self-directed projects, manage timelines, transfer technology and execute projects in R&D and Production environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize activities to meet project objectives on time.
- Adept at data analysis methods and analysis software, with the ability to construct appropriately powered and creatively designed experiments to solve complex problems.
- Effective technical writing skills, including ability to write protocols, design of experiments (DOEs) and other technical reports and documents.
Provides technical expertise to the design and development of new invasive and noninvasive medical device product(s). Investigates/evaluates existing technology and advises research and development, regulatory affairs, and reliability engineering to ensure appropriate process development under the best possible conditions. Designs and implements new methodologies, materials, machines, processes, or products. Develops new concepts from initial design to market release. Conducts feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended. Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development. Coordinates activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
- Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- The Workplace Type for this role is Assigned Desk. Based on the nature of your role you will have an assigned desk or office located at a Dexcom site and should plan to be onsite approximately 4-5 days per week.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.