Title: Sr. Manager Process Safety
Location: Kennewick, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Provides platform-level ownership, direction, and strategic planning in support of Process Safety. At Lamb Weston, this role includes the regulatory-required Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Planning (RMP) Programs as well as internal process safety programs related to fryer systems, steam systems, natural gas systems, and biogas systems. This role will ensure locally owned, consistent, sustainable, and competency-based programs are implemented across Lamb Weston. The Sr. PSM Manager will also assist and guide the Process Safety Engineer. Process Safety Engineer in the support of local PSM coordinators to build and maintain the consistent application of LW tools and processes to effectively manage risks and compliance obligations related to process safety program requirements. Functions as a subject matter expert in all areas of responsibility. Participates in process safety audits and corrective action processes to assure continuous compliance and improve overall program performance.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance to the process safety programs to ensure a locally owned, consistent, sustainable, and competency-based program is implemented across Lamb Weston.
- Oversee the compliance audit process, in-process checks, mechanical integrity inspections, process hazard analysis, incident investigation, corrective and preventative action process, etc.
- Works with the senior leadership team and plant managers to communicate and establish alignment with the vision and roadmap for the process safety program as well as deliver periodic status updates on KPIs relative to the program.
- Own and maintain the Lamb Weston process safety standards.
- Monitor standards and update as needed all tools, training, etc. for additional process safety program areas (fryers, steam, natural gas, and biogas).
- Work with Central Engineering to ensure applicable engineering standards and specifications align with the Lamb Weston process safety standards.
- Work with the Process Safety Engineer to conduct in-process checks of covered processes at each facility. Interface with the local Engineering Manager, PSM Coordinator, B&R Team Lead, and others to deliver facilitated self-assessments of PSM program elements to assure the on-going "health" of these processes. Identify improvement opportunities and, in concert with local process safety-responsible personnel, facilitate corrective action development.
- Coach, build, and facilitate learning and training opportunities for local process safety responsible-individuals.
- Assist facility-level process safety-responsible individuals in selection criteria for contractors working on / near the covered processes to ensure work adheres to Lamb Weston process safety standards. Define scopes of work/standard requirements for MI, PHA, Audit, etc. consultants.
- Mentors/trains Process Safety Engineer, PSM Coordinators, and B&R Operators on the use of Early Management and Vertical Start Up tools for projects impacting covered processes.
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for OSHA PSM, EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) and process safety as it relates to anhydrous ammonia refrigeration, chlorine disinfection, fryers, steam, natural gas, and biogas. Participates in facility-level process safety compliance audit and regulatory inspection to understand findings and glean common (across-the-platform) learning opportunities for consistent program improvement.
- Works with local process safety-responsible teams to implement a consistent (across the platform) tracking-to-closure system for timely corrective action implementation from compliance audits, process hazard analyses (PHAs), mechanical integrity (MI) audits, and incident investigations.
- Assists local facilities in identifying capital and expense budget needs related to covered processes and PSM/RMP programs. Coaches and builds skills to foster local capability.
- Works with members of the facility to facilitate local process safety-related incident investigations, RCAs, and corrective and preventive action (CAPA) development. Coaches and builds skills to foster local capability.
- Provides expertise, support, and training to plant operators to successfully manage and operate equipment to meet facility cooling and freezing requirements.
- Provides local support to facility teams around integrating process safety program management into the EHSS Management System.
- Facilitate periodic platform -wide process safety meetings.
- Assists facilities, as needed with data collection and metrics reporting for process safety performance metrics (KPIs).
- Works directly with EHS Regional Managers and site EHS Staff to ensure transparency and support of EHS/PSM/RMP related activities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science
- 10+ years progressive experience in PSM, RMP, MI, MOC & PHA
- Application of process safety to other areas of a manufacturing environment
- Conversant in IIAR & IRC standards as well as other applicable codes and standards (ANSI/ASHRAE, ASTM, Building Codes, Fire Codes, Electrical Codes, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of 24/7 manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of all PSM and RMP requirements and their impact on the food industry
- Good leadership and presentation skills
- Experience with developing and implementing training programs
- Knowledgeable of operational & mechanical equipment, control, and practices for refrigeration systems at facilities utilizing cooling & freezing systems.
- Understanding of food processing sanitation and quality control needs in manufacturing consumer food products.
- RETA training is preferred
- Master's degree in engineering or science preferred
- PE preferred
- Ammonia refrigeration experience related to manufacturing
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-231173
Time Type: Full timeLamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.