Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
This is a remote based role and can be located anywhere in the US. We are seeking a seasoned, highly motivated senior manager to join the SW V&V team as Sr Manager, SW Test Development Engineering. Within the overall Software R&D organization, you will be leading multiple teams/workstreams responsible for the strategy, planning, implementation, and execution of test case design, automation, and V&V cycles on numerous projects key to the growth of Dexcom. This is an opportunity to join an expanding team to nurture, grow, and develop a sizable organization in order to establish and optimize best in class test engineering practices around a complex product portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage multiple teams of software V&V engineers delivering best-in-class test solutions with a focus on our data platform software components
- Collaborate with development teams, QA, PMO, and regulatory to define project scope and meet committed deliverables; Work through schedule and scope definition and conflicts while being comfortable with making trade-off decisions.
- Develop and manage project schedules, track and report issues, and offer creative solutions to enhance test and reduce V&V cycles
- Coach, mentor, and develop talent including career path coaching. Hire roles to build and grow the team.
- Define, implement, and execute new test strategy and process while ensuring compliance with medical regulations
- Previous experience managing engineering teams and demonstrated success managing complex, simultaneous initiatives
- Strong organizational, team building, coaching, and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey technical and business information clearly and effectively through dialog and formal/informal documents, reports, and presentations to senior management.
- Ability to manage conflict professionally with a strong "can do" attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including discretion and situational awareness
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, and collaborative environment
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment
- Experience in talent development and career coaching
Travel Required: Functional Description
- Previous hands-on test automation development experience with test framework architecture & design being optimal
- Experience developing in a major software language such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
Directs the activities of a software test development function for software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including local, networked, cloud-based or internet-related tools. This position oversees the software analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification.Â Develops quality standards for company products and oversees the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results. Provides guidance in the preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages and systems, computational software, and related technology. May oversee the integration of computers in the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition transmission, and processing. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific functional area.
- Enhances understanding and knowledge of how functional objectives support corporate objectives.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of leading best practices in area of expertise.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to team members / supporting employees.
- Provides guidance and support to team members / employees.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Requires the ability to effectively influence others and manage sensitive situations.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
Experience and Education
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Directly manages the coordination of the activities within a function/department with responsibility for results.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports and not have any direct reports within the organization.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching, and compensation decisions.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 13+ years of industry experience.
- 5-8 years of previous people management experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link. UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.