At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical design and manufacturing skills to a dynamic development team creating systems for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation with new product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical components and assemblies while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams improving existing designs.
- Refinement of mechanical components and assemblies, with careful consideration for drivetrain components, safety mechanisms and failure contingencies.
- Machined component refinement including considerations for assembly, reliability, cost and manufacturability.
- Authorship of design documentation for a regulatory controlled environment
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input to enhance manufacturability of new products.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components and assemblies.
- Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement and improve fixtures, hand tools and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Determine, incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.
- Other reasonably defined responsibilities and duties.
- Minimum BSME, or similar. Post-graduate study or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical / electromechanical content. Experience with mechanism design refinement, robotics and/or medical products are a plus.
- Understanding of engineering materials, component selection criteria and design for reliability and manufacturability.
- Comfortable with product development lifecycle including refinement, implementation, debug, verification, qualification and transfer to manufacturing.
- Ability to execute and document changes in an automated change control system and demonstrate compliance.
- Proficient using CAD (Solidworks) required.
- Excited about the medical applications of robotics.
- Passion for detail in creating robust and reliable machines designed for mission-critical applications.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills used when interfacing with manufacturing, product development, purchasing and inspection resources.
- Self-driven with the ability to excel in a high-energy, small, focused team environment, to maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : No
Travel Requirements: No Shift: Shift 1 - Day