If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Central Business Office has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Senior Medical Biller to work on the Coral Gables Campus. The Senior Medical Biller processes billing information in appropriate system and assists supervising staff in maintaining quality control of data by identifying potential problems, and offering and implementing solutions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Reviews and releases all physician charges from the assigned WQ's in a timely fashion.
- Reviews encounters received for all pertinent information: patient demographic information, guarantor and insurance information, place of service, referrals, claim info record, and managed care authorization requirements.
- Runs insurance eligibility and fixes registration issues.
- Manually enters paper vouchers received for missing charges.
- Reviews and fixes erroneous and/or rejected charges.
- Distributes credits from patient payments as needed.
- Assigns charges to cases and phases.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: