Senior Quality Test Engineer
Do you enjoy working on complex projects?
Do you enjoy being part of team that collaborates to delivers success?
About our Team
Our Technology teams use cutting-edge technologies to build products and systems to advance science and health. We provide our customers with powerful digital solutions, helping them to research the biggest problems facing the world today. We work to build a culture that values excellent DevOps: speed, agility, cost savings and higher quality.
About the Role
Responsible for leading the development and execution of automation testing solutions. Work with management to apply automation strategy. To plan and execute effective and efficient performance and automation testing to accomplish on-time.
- Innovate process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance with consistent direction.
- Research available tools and lead or participate in initiatives to identify and implement cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
- Work across teams to enhance quality assurance/testing and help to develop/execute performance and automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
- Interact with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements
- Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
Work in a way that works for you
- Understanding of QA methodologies.
- Experience with API/microservice testing skills and test automation experience using Postman, Rest Assured, or similar tools.
- Experience with AWS, SQL, Scripting Languages like Python or similar tools.
- Develop and execute complex automated and performance testing.
- Administration of testing tools/environments.
- Experience with project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implementing procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
- Identify areas for improvement and, with leadership, peers, or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
- Nice to have familiarity with Jenkins, CICD etc.
Working with us
- We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.