If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Sr. Research Associate 3. The Sr. Research Associate 3 will research in the field of 3D chromosomal architecture underlying physiological and pathological mechanisms in cancer and immunology. Chromosomal architecture is an emerging feature of epigenetic regulation by which the relative position of genomic elements in the nucleus of the cells affects gene expression and phenotype. Our lab has devoted considerable effort to understanding the changes in 3D chromosomal architecture that occur during the acquisition of humoral immunity and B cell terminal differentiation. Studies are mainly done in the context of normal B cells and lymphoma, as well as in other cancer types. Our research uses cell lines, organoid systems, in vivo animals, and patient samples. Develop new research techniques and tools to better model the different stages of B cell development and acquisition of malignant traits. The Sr. Research Associate 3 performs scientific research and studies under the supervision of managing staff. Moreover, the Sr. Research Associate 3 promotes institutional recognition through literal contributions to the scientific community.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Contributes to basic and applied research activities by collecting and analyzing data.
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
- Designs, evaluates, and implements methods and protocols for assigned research projects.
- Recommends purchase of new equipment for research projects.
- Writes scientific articles and manuscripts for publication and presentation.
- Oversees and ensures the safe handling of radioactive and hazardous materials.
- Prepares analytical reports relative to research data.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Master's Degree in relevant fieldExperience:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: