If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center & the Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology are actively seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to work on the UHealth campus. The Senior Software Engineer will design, build, and maintain web applications as part of Sylvester's internal end-user biomedical data analytics platform. The candidate will be performing their activities within an interdisciplinary team of research scientists, data engineers and other full-stack developers and will be using state-of-the-art software development practices. The ideal candidate should have a passion for the integration of software development with data science and be comfortable with building production-ready solutions that will accelerate the research activities of the university's members.
Requirements / Minimum Qualifications
- Develop and maintain web applications using Node.js and React, ensuring high performance and responsiveness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers and product managers, to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write clean, reusable, and efficient code following industry best practices and coding standards.
- Build and optimize server-side components and APIs for seamless integration with front-end applications.
- Implement and maintain data storage solutions, such as databases and blob storage.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of applications to identify and resolve any issues or bugs.
- Work with version control systems to manage code repositories and facilitate team collaboration.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability, considering factors like load time and user experience.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, improve performance, and share knowledge with team members.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in full stack development, particularly related to Node.js and React.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems reported by users and provide timely support.
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team to implement visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces.
- Continuously improve the development process and identify opportunities for automation and optimization.
- Document technical specifications, system architectures, and development processes for future reference.
- Mentor and guide junior developers, providing technical expertise and assisting in their professional growth.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. In some cases, equivalent practical experience may be accepted.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer, specifically working with Node.js and React, either through professional work or personal projects.
- Strong understanding of web development principles, including client-side and server-side technologies.
- Experience with server-side frameworks and libraries, such as Express.js, Nest.js or Loopback.js.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like React, along with React context state management.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and experience in integrating them into web applications.
- Proficiency in working with databases, both SQL and NoSQL, and understanding of data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git, and experience with collaborative development workflows.
- Ability to write clean, modular, and maintainable code following best practices and coding standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to debug and troubleshoot technical issues efficiently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a passion for continuous learning and staying updated with new technologies and trends in full stack development.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- A portfolio or examples of previous projects demonstrating proficiency in full stack development would be a plus.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with other programming languages, such as Python, R, Java, Rust.
- Experience with other front-end frameworks, such as Angular or Vue.js.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies, such as Jest, or Cypress.
- Understanding of performance optimization techniques for web applications.
- Knowledge of GraphQL and experience in implementing GraphQL APIs.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, continuous integration, and deployment pipelines.
- Experience with microservices architecture and designing scalable and distributed systems.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Understanding of security best practices in web application development and experience in implementing security measures.
- Knowledge of data visualization libraries and frameworks like D3.js or Plotly.js.
- Strong understanding of user experience (UX) principles and ability to translate design wireframes into functional interfaces.
- Active participation in the developer community, contributions to open-source projects, and attendance at tech conferences or meetups.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.