Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class-while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2020 revenue of $1.9B, a growth of 30% versus 2019. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Data Architecture Lead will work closely with R&D and IT architect teams to ensure a consistent and effective data architecture approach is established and followed based on Dexcom data strategy, regulatory expectations, and leading practices. This role will serve as the subject matter expert on data architecture-related topics and work with existing architecture teams to design, develop, and implement target-state enterprise data architecture. This role will also work to ensure security around cloud and data sharing while supporting the data leader by defining meta-model and metadata management requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, data teams, partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Work with data leader and architects to design and maintain target-state data architecture, and associated requirements; Proactively share data architecture best practices and expectations across Dexcom
- Lead architecture design for data platform(s) including evaluations of vendor platforms for strategic fit
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality
- Provide technical recommendations and engage Architects, Business SMEs and other stakeholders throughout Data Architecture and implementation lifecycle and recommend effective solutions to develop scalable data solutions (data marts/warehouse and data mining and advanced analytics)
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration
- Work with data governance lead in driving single version of the truth, increasing trust and usage of enterprise data across Dexcom
- Document data architecture and environments in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance
- Expertise in Data Architecture, Data Strategy and Roadmap for large and complex organization and systems and implemented large scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions
- Drive delivery in a matrixed environment working with various internal IT partners
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
- Bachelor's degree in a CS/engineering with a minimum of 13+ years related experience (or MS and 8+ years or PhD and 5+ years)
- Expertise with normalized OLTP, MDM and DW Dimensional modeling techniques, Star & Snowflake schemas, modeling slowly changing dimensions and role playing dimensions, dimensional hierarchies, and data classification
- Expertise in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Governance, Data Security, Metadata Management, MDM, Data Archival and Data Migration strategies using appropriate tools
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries
- Experience in the medical device or FDA regulated space
Establishes the architecture design and technology roadmap definition for a unified cloud-centric data platform where internal and external stakeholders will be serviced. Significantly contribute to the development of innovative and disruptive global big data analytics capabilities.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses expert knowledge of leading technical areas.
- May be externally recognized as an expert in technical field.
- High level of understanding of solving unique problems where analysis requires an inâdepth evaluation and may impact future concepts or technologies.
Experience and Education
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates ability to discover and identify processes, novel science and technology which lead to increased productivity and results.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 13+ years related experience or a Masters degree and 8+ years equivalent industry experience of a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
- The Workplace Type for this role is Flex. Based on the nature of your position you will be working onsite approximately 2-3 days per week from collaborative space and hoteling desks at our Dexcom sites. You will need to be located within commuting distance (typically 75 miles/120km) of your assigned Dexcom site.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.