GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst who is interested in the delivery of health care and improving health. This is a full time (40 hours/ week) data analysis position in the Division of General Internal Medicine (DGIM) at the Massachusetts General Hospital. DGIM has major research interests in the delivery of primary care, screening and prevention, and the quality of care. The Data Analyst will be involved in ongoing research projects performing data collection, manipulation, analysis and reporting. This position requires an individual with the ability to work cooperatively with other analysts, as well as strong organizational, data management and quantitative skills.
MGH is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
- Work with the study team and senior statisticians to develop analysis and reporting plans
- Generate reports on study progress
- Develop and document programs to perform complete data validation and error detection, ensuring that all are informed of any issues relating to data integrity
- Design and perform statistical analyses. Analyses will incorporate quantitative methods including multivariate statistics and repeated measures analysis.
- Assist in manuscript and report preparation. Prepare and proof data tables for manuscripts and presentations.
- Communicate with clinical investigators in DGIM and collaborating research centers to understand scientific issues, determine appropriate statistical analyses, and describe results.
- Query administrative databases, including RPDR, EDW and D4Q, to obtain new data and incorporating it in patient registries maintained in MS Access and SQL Server databases and SAS datasets
- Attend research team meetings with Principal Investigators and study staff
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience programming, preferably in SAS
- Master's degree in health sciences related field, preferably biostatistics or statistics, or a minimum of 3 years of experience of conducting data analysis preferred
- Experience in manipulating and organizing large amounts of data
(MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
- Excellent communication skills, as much of the incumbent's work will be summarized in written reports to investigators
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters discreetly
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to collaborate with team members located remotely
- Demonstrate good judgement in all areas of responsibility
MassachusettsGeneral Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, wechoose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals withdisabilities are strongly encouraged.