Join our Agency team! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of property title, primarily for residential properties. Copy or summarize recorded documents, which affect the condition of title to the property.
These roles may be found in production center or branch office environments. Actual work flow is typically determined by geographic practices. In some cases, the Title Examiner role gathers information and creates a commitment of title before passing along to a Title Officer.
Works on assignments that are varied and complex requiring breadth and depth of experience. Senior level status is achieved after experiencing a variety of situations and mastering skills. Actively mentors less experienced team members and acts as a resource to provide input and knowledge. Has increased knowledge of state requirements.
- Examines chain of title primarily for residential properties but may expand into commercial and/or industrial
- Performs title examination of complex title orders requiring a high level of title expertise
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records
- Writes title products based on the interpretation and application of procedural guidelines
- Provides underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members
- May have customer contact
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong detail / quality orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong MS skill set
- Knowledge of legal terms used in title documents
- Able to read and decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
- Strong knowledge of industry and company operating systems, tools and applications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically requires 5+ years directly related experience and a demonstrated mastery of resources, skills and knowledge
License or Certification
- Multiple state licenses (as required by state) in order to do business in a broad geographic area
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.