MV Transportation is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide timely, complete, and accurate financials for multiple operating divisions. This includes full financial statement accounting responsibility for assigned US only geographic regions, including preparing, recording, maintaining, and reviewing month end financial statements.
This is an excellent position for an energized self-starter to have accountability for multiple business units and has high upward mobility potential. This position manages a portfolio of approximately thirty locations over two regions.
- Prepare journal entries, income statements, account reconciliations, and variance explanations to budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Facilitate financial statement reviews with operational and finance leaders.
- Plan, organize, and perform various audits related to billing, inventory, cash, and fixed assets.
- Research and resolve accounting questions or issues, in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide finance with input on budget, forecasts, and actuals.
- Partner with operations and divisional management on special assignments, including some field work.
- Identify and implement month end process improvements, including shortening the record to report timeline.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a business focus area, preferably Accounting or Finance.
- Two (2) or more years Accounting experience preferred - internships or other work experience will be considered.
An organized, high energy self-started is needed, along with the following attributes:
- Excellent communicator and able to interact with senior leaders to discuss the income statement, variances to budget, and other key financial information.
- Knowledgeable about operational accounting topics: revenue recognition, contingent liabilities, inventory controls, cash management, etc.
- Organized and collaborative, able to manage high volume of complex transactions while continuously looking for process improvements and ways to accelerate the close process.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and plan for both short term and long-term deliverables.
- Strong critical thinker and problem-solver, with ability to apply sound, independent judgement.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.