12 Hour Night Shift
If you are interested in this position and would like to email me prior to applying, please feel free to email TGloblek@mchs.comto discuss.
Full-time and Part-ime Night 12 hour shift positions available!
Mount Carmel Nurses are the heartbeat of our health system.We have several opportunities for both new graduates and experienced nurses. Regardless of your experience, we want to connect with you!
About the Unit:
The Medical/Surgical Neuro, Observation, Oncology and Palliative Careunit at Mount Carmel Grove City is 42 beds. The Registered Nurse would expect to see a mixture of stroke, neurosurgery, end of life, oncology and medical/surgical patients. Med Surgis a great area to grow and learn about patients with diagnoses that span the medical spectrum. It is a fast-paced, great teamwork and engaging environment with a focus on individualized and evidence-based care.
About Mount Carmel Grove City:
As Grove City's first full-service hospital, Mount Carmel Grove City offers a wide variety of high-quality services and continues to grow along with the needs of the communities it serves. Every aspect of the 210-bed hospital is designed with the patient in mind, and we have made an ongoing commitment to provide our patients with access to the most experienced and talented medical providers and state-of-the-art technology, helping set our facility apart. From advanced technologies and expanded services to stunning interiors and tranquil surroundings, it's a healing environment unlike any other.
What we offer:
About the job:
- Competitive compensation and day one benefit packages including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Retirement saving account with employer match starting on day one, generous paid time off programs and employee recognition incentive program.
- Tuition and professional development reimbursement - fully discounted tuition through our enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing.
- Flexible schedules through our FirstChoice Internal Travel Program, Weekend Option Program, and local Float Pool.
The Registered Nurse (RN), within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Staff RN is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of Mount Carmel Health System.What you will do:
- Assess and evaluate patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence-based practice; Assists provider with patient assessment, examinations and treatments; Perform basic medical procedures under the supervision of a provider, including set up of procedures.
- Administer medications under the direction of the provider, according to the organization's standards, policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
What we are looking for:
- Assist in emergency situations under the direction of the provider
- Thoroughly educate and explain procedures to patients and family members (diagnosis, disease process etc.).
- Document accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Current BLS/CPR
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team
- Basic computer skills required; prior experience using an EMR for charting preferred
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers.We do not discriminateon the basis ofrace, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.