About the team
Who We Are?
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
In this role, you will be exposed to a variety of state and local tax issues ranging from tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, audit management, taxability research, general compliance, writing and correspondence. You will be responsible for assisting with state income/franchise tax engagements including day-to-day consulting, development of ideas, strategies and opportunities and implementation of these ideas.
This position can be based out of any of our metro office locations with a preference for Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Fargo.
A typical day as a State and Local Income Tax & Franchise Manager might include the following:
Who You Are
- Research and analyze a wide variety of state tax issues, primarily related to income and franchise taxes.
- Address state and local tax issues for individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs.
- Prepare written tax advice related to a variety of state tax issues, multi-state income tax planning, voluntary disclosure agreements, credits and incentives, and income tax accounting.
- Managed state tax controversies, restructuring, due diligence, notice responses and audit defense.
- Review income/franchise tax returns and advise on income/franchise compliance matters.
- Assist as needed with sales and use tax projects.
- Produce written thought leadership pieces for internal and external distribution.
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
- You have 5-10 years of experience in state and local tax with a CPA or JD designation. A Masters of Taxation, MBA, CMI or LLM is preferred, but not required.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a team leader, supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust, seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation and have experience coaching staff, including providing timely and meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Experience with sales and use tax, property tax and /or escheats a plus, but not required.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing state and local tax regulations and policies.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You possess comprehensive technical skills as it relates to multi-state taxation and tax research, experience with unitary filings, apportionment methodologies, tax base rules, and occasionally sales and use tax issues.
- You have experience with due diligence, voluntary disclosure negotiations, audit defense, credits and incentives and MS Excel modeling.
- You are highly skilled at identifying and addressing client needs, building, maintaining and utilizing networks of client relationship and community involvement, communicating value propositions, managing resource requirements, managing project workflow, budgets, billing and collections and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.
This job has expired.