Under general supervision and according to established procedures, maintains the efficient operation of the Hospital's utility systems. Monitors temperatures, pressures and levels (i.e., water, oil, chemicals) associated with pertinent machinery and performs necessary adjustments, repairs and replacements to equipment.
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Formal trade school or apprenticeship education or equivalent experience to an associate degree level
- City of Chicago Stationary Engineer license
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in order to acquire an advanced knowledge of the Hospital's steam plant equipment and all other machinery within the department's area of responsibility and acquire the mechanical skills necessary to maintain and repair such complex machinery.
- Training on boilers is desired
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.