Provides hospital and affiliated facilities with processed materials and equipment by executing established procedures for decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization. Maintains efficient flow of processing procedures, through appropriate case set-up, anticipation of health care provider requests and patient care needs. Orients and trains new Processing staff.
What you will do:
What you will need:
- Assists in orienting and training new staff, OR staff and students on various services and processes performed in Sterile Processing.
- Properly identifies and decontaminates instruments through use of washer/decontaminator equipment and proper hand-washing techniques.
- Assembles instruments correctly, ensuring appropriate cleanliness and function is achieved.
- Prepares instruments for sterilization through proper packaging, rigid container system, and wrapping techniques.
- Sterilizes instruments by correctly loading carts and operating sterilizers (Steam Sterilizer and Gas Plasma).
- Properly handles sterilized instruments for storage and distribution.
- Maintains efficient flow of processing procedures, through appropriate case cart set-up, anticipation of health care provider requests and patient care needs.
- Anticipates and prioritizes instrument and supply needs using surgery lists, Sterile Processing Microsystem (SPM) computer system and inventory levels of instruments.
- Minimum: High School Graduate
- Certified Processing Technician
- One year experience as a Processing Technician.
Full Time, 40 hours per weekOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.