Summary of What You Will Do
Provides hospital and affiliated facilities with processed materials and equipment by executing established procedures for decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization. Maintains efficient flow of processing procedures, through appropriate case set-up, anticipation of health care provider requests and patient care needs. Orients and trains new Processing staff.
What You Will Need
What You Will Work
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in Central Service Processing
- Preferred: Membership in Central Service Processing professional organization
- One year of sterile processing experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Good math and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with standard desktop and windows based computer system, including email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation
- Ability to regularly walk and stand (80-90% of time); lift instruments and equipment; bend, pull, push and position objects weighing less than 25 pounds.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Part Time, Casual, 8 hrs/wk
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.