Qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting all DC activities to ensure that the 2nd Shift at the Almondridge Distribution Facility runs as efficiently, safely and productively as possible. Ensures that daily work is planned, executed and completed per facility standards. Demonstrates effective leadership and is accountable for exemplary performance of a DC team or shift. Typically, team/shift/department supervised would be those accountable for receiving, unloading, recording, arranging, routing, transporting, and/or stocking of materials and products and/or picking, value added services and/or order fulfilment. Accountable to ensure operations, quality, service, cost, administration and system metrics and KPIs are achieved. This position supervises team members and may be assisted by Specialists, Team Leaders and/or Group Leaders in the leadership of the team. However, this position has accountability for the KPI achievement, training and morale of the shift/team/department. Contributes to the interviewing, selection, onboarding, training, motivating and performance management of those team members. Could be accountable to maintain and/or verify inventory records and transactions.
- Plans and prioritizes work flow for the shift to create the sense of urgency needed to ensure all customer Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met. Promotes the highest level of expectations for achieving established standards in safety, quality and productivity.
- Contributes to the interviewing, selection, onboarding, training, motivating, and performance management of shift team members.
- Drives process improvement through Lean concepts and problem-solving techniques. Ensures team members are sufficiently trained to perform their jobs and are cross-trained to support other areas as necessary.
- Provides leadership and oversight to shift team to ensure highest level of employee performance and morale while driving continuous improvement and managing change. Promotes an environment of leaning and continuous growth by implementing and assessing systems and processes to make the work flow more effective. Coordinates with other departments as required to ensure the entire workstream is achieved.
- Reviews and maintenances Kronos, evaluates and edits incentive/pay communications, monitors attendance and develops staffing schedules.
- Produces shift reports as required. Assesses shift work flows for stretch capacity requirements through coordinating staffing to meet increased and/or decreased workloads to maximize efficiencies and reduce cost during volatile demand swings across any/all shifts.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to assure shift performance and deliverables are achieved. Keeps facility manager and management team apprised of project/work flow status. Proactively implements course-correction actions to avoid delays or underachievement.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Distribution Center or Manufaturing operations and equipment experience a plus
- General leadership experience in a DC or MFG facility
- Familiarity with WMS ( Manhattan Software PkMS)
- MS office, especially MS Excel
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
This job has expired.