The Production Supervisor, Life Sciences, SCS is responsible for the direct supervision of production employees in the Life Sciences, SCS area. Production activities are generally routine and must be administered according to documented policies and procedures. The Production Supervisor frequently interacts with production employees to resolve problems surrounding production performance and behavioral issues. This opening is in the Life Sciences-SCS area
1. Monitors the production process to meet customer expectations, quality standards and internal production schedules.
2. Monitors quality and production levels of each employee and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance, ensuring contractual quality standards are maintained.
3. Creates, fosters and maintains a team atmosphere through coaching team members. Counsels team in development and direction.
4. Proactively resolves problems, taking responsibility and ownership of process through final resolution.
5. Identifies process problems and suggests process improvements and assists team with the development of improvements.
6. Meets all committed deliverables for internal and external customers.
7. Assists manager in development of department schedules, reports and milestones according to operating plan.
8. May work with internal and external customers to develop rapport with customers and relevant contacts, addressing problems, establishing/modifying schedules, etc.
9. Prepares/delivers performance evaluations. Recommends compensation adjustments and promotion candidates to manager.
10. Identifies training needs, recommends courses for candidates to ensure employees receive appropriate training.
11. Participates in the hiring process interviews and hires candidates when appropriate.
12. Supports and administers all Human Resources policies.
13. Reviews, updates and ensures that current ISO procedures are being followed in an ISO environment.
14. Works with Operations, Technology and Development support groups to define, document and measure complex non-routine operations.
15. Performs other job related duties as required.
1. Associate's degree in related field or equivalent experience, Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Three to five years related experience in an Editorial, Electronic Publishing, Production or Call Center environment.
3. Ability to organize and prioritize production schedules.
4. A high degree of ingenuity and the ability to work well with support departments.
5. Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
6. Ability to organize and manage multiple, complex tasks.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Detail and quality oriented.
9. Ability to work in a team environment.
10. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software.
11. Ability to work flexible hours or extended hours.
Previous experience in Life Sciences, SCS
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.