Full Time, Day shift position in General Surgery | Atlanta Medical Center Downtown
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.Responsibilities
The Surgical Technologist I
- functions under the direction of the registered professional nurse. Assists the health care team in providing safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care. He/she has knowledge, skill and ability to perform duties within the context of low to moderate surgical cases (with an expectation on occasion to work above this level as cases require) as defined by the scope of anatomy, equipment and instrumentation of the case and anticipates the needs of the surgeon and other members of the healthcare team. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation of the operative suite and surgical field to ensure a safe patient care environment while being vigilant for
the maintenance of the sterile field and other patient safety concerns. In addition, they will gather required instruments, supplies and serve as surgical assistant as needed. (not to be confused with a certified surgical first assistant). Other duties as assigned including but not limited to assisting with inventory, ordering and stocking ORs and additional perioperative areas as assigned. Also, ensure that the unit is compliant with Joint Commission standards at all times. Call or late coverage may be required related to the facility in which the ST is working.QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum ExperienceRequired Minimum Certification
- High school diploma/ GED required or graduate of an accredited (for example: CAAHEP and ABHES) program in surgical technology or a licensed practical nurse.
Required Minimum Skills
- National certification, CST or NCC in surgical technology preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) card from the American Heart Association (AHA) is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language; Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care; Ability to delegate to other team members
- Ability to multi-task essential; Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential; Strong detail orientation required; Knowledge of surgical procedures
- Basic computer skills
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!