What WE OFFER
$4,000 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
- Benefit Package(Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan)for positions 16 hours per week or greater
- Educational assistance
- Success Sharing - a bonus when the organization meets its goals
645-315p day position. Neuro call 1-2 weekdays, 1-2 weekends a month and holiday rotationAbout The Job
The surgical technologist, using the principles of medical asepsis, prepares the operating room for surgical cases of all specialties and instruments the surgical procedures anticipating the needs of the surgeon. The surgical technologist provides care within the MercyOne North Iowa Standards of Care, AORN Standards of Care and Practice and the Operating Room Policies and Procedures.What We Are Looking For
- Graduate of a surgical technologist program is required; or graduate of an LPN program with Surgical experience.
- Certification as a surgical technologist preferred.
- LPN license required if graduate of LPN program.
- Previous surgical technologist experience preferred.
Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes
- Demonstrates self-confidence, initiative, and high level of concentration.
- Demonstrates communication skills and promotes good working relationships with all members of the surgical team.
- Recognizes personal learning needs and follows through to gain new competencies.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to meet departmental on call requirements
Completes the following mandatory courses (check all that apply):
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/DisabledIn compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, please call Human Resources at (641) 428-7287 or email us at email@example.comOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association; or American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer-LIVE class only) via current card prior to employment or within 60 days of hire and maintains current status.
- Must provide proof of Mandatory Reporting for Child and Dependent Adult Abuse training prior to employment or within 6 months of hire and maintain current status per State of Iowa guidelines
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.