Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The Software Test Development Engineer 2 validates software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products including firmware, apps, and server platform. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and test protocols and automated test scripts, and performs risk assessments. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with software development engineers in resolution of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated and manual test scripts to test the functionalities of the Dexcom CGM software, and system.
- Validate the configuration, functionality, and user interface of software and tools.
- Document software verification test protocols, and software risk analyses, for software used in commercial products.
- Execute software verification plans and test protocols.
- Record and track issues in the bug tracking system.
- Analyze failures and collaborate with development teams to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Participate in software requirements and design reviews.
- Review software requirements and design specifications.
- Modify test protocols based on requirements changes and execute regression validation accordingly.
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features.
- Write test reports documenting detailed results of validation, and report test progress to management.
- Follow internal software development, cybersecurity, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of software development or software test development related experience.
- Moderate knowledge of OOP languages such as JAVA, Python and Ruby.
- Understanding of good software development and testing practices.
- Excellent oral communication skills for interfacing with peers in internal/external departments.
- Strong written skills and ability to follow Dexcom software procedures and generate required software documentation.
- Experience with SW automation testing is a plus.
- Software development or test experience in medical device industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of a software bug tracking tool is a plus.
- Familiarity with Appium test framework is a plus.
- Familiarity with a network debugging tool, such as Charles Proxy is a plus.
- Knowledge of xCode and Android Studio is a plus.
- Experiences of Cybersecurity testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of API based testing for the server communications is a plus.
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline is preferred.
Analyzes, designs, develops, programs, debugs, and modifies software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related tools. Uses current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automates scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses a high level of theoretical knowledge. Ability to deliver technical ideas that have an impact on the objectives. Understands organizational and functional processes and policies aligned to the technical and business goals.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency. Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets data and draws conclusions regarding results used in presented material.
Experience and Education
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience or Masters degree and 0-2 years equivalent experience.
This job has expired.