The Tax Staff has knowledge of US (federal and state) and multinational tax and will assist with the organization's tax provision and compliance. S/he will operate as a tax generalist, and will be responsible for global tax provision, compliance, and tax matters, as well as special projects. Excellent data analysis, communication skills are critical to success in this role.
- Assist with the US and foreign tax provision process. This includes foreign provision review of specific assigned jurisdictions along with preparation and review of domestic and state provision elements.
- Participate in the preparation of the federal income tax returns, legal entity reporting, and state tax returns (the tax compliance function is outsourced to a Big 4 accounting firm), including reviewing forms, disclosures, and filings.
- Special projects as needed, which may include M&A due diligence, foreign tax basis balance sheet reviews of ITT entities, process improvement initiatives, tax provision efficiency improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, with MST or MBA in taxation and CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of tax experience in federal, international and state and local corporation taxation
- Large public accounting firm experience preferred
- Experience with OneStream preferred
- Experience with federal, international, and state tax compliance
- Experience with ASC 740
About the Company:
- The successful candidate will be able to effectively convey ideas and messages, formally and informally. They will deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate, and persuasive messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and will be adept at tailoring their communication to their audience. They will demonstrate the ability to prepare reports, documentation, and other written information thoroughly and completely.
- This key incumbent wants results and is motivated by timely outcomes. They are steadfast in pursuit of their goals, focus on their target, and persevere in the face of adversity. They are tenacious and get things done, demonstrating, and fostering a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals. They work effectively without undue oversight.
- S/he welcomes and acknowledges ideas and input of others. They contribute one's fair share of work to group efforts and makes productive contributions in meetings. They look for ways to collaborate with others and volunteer to help others when needed.
- Broad knowledge of tax and willingness to learn. Experienced with income tax reporting standards, including ASC 740, ASC 805, ASC 718, and tax compliance. A strong foundation of technical understanding in income tax concepts as well as accounting processes and systems is required. Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate complicated tax issues.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate complicated tax issues in terms of impact on business. Common sense approach to the development and implementation of income tax strategies and programs.
Headquartered in Stamford, CT, ITT Inc. has employees more than 35 countries and sales in approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2021 revenues of approximately $2.8 billion and has 10,000+ employees around the globe.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a workplace defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. ITT was also awarded the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award which distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
(2021 Revenue of $850M; headcount of 2,500; operates in 30 countries) designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
(2021 Revenue of $1.4B; headcount of 4,700; operates in 12 countries) designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive, rail and defense markets; Connect and Control Technologies
(2021 Revenue of $550M; headcount of 2,500; operates in 10 countries) designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.Equal Pay Act Range
92,000 - 137,800
This job has expired.