The Nature's Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people's lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan's Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you've ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person's well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Packaging Team Technician will perform a broader range of responsibilities than a Team Member. The individual will perform a variety of tasks within the manufacturing facility as needed, with a primary focus in the Packaging department. This will include completing all tasks within the packing area including interfacing with the Human Machine Interface (HMI). In addition to performing the Team Member responsibilities, the Packaging Team Technician is responsible for the following.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set-up, clean, operate and adjust all packaging equipment (forklift, conveyors, tape sealers, Little David, laser, tray washer, floor scrubber, shrink wrapper, matrix, flexicon, case packer, palletizer, video jet, steam table, oil & sander drum etc.) in a mass/high volume production environment.
- Ability to read and follow operating and/or written procedures to conduct assigned tasks safely and within standard time.
- Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards.
- Fully trained and qualified in all operating instructions, SOP's, JHA, and area specific technical instructions for assigned role.
- Conducts scale verifications.
- Properly document and maintain log books/batch records.
- Conduct piece weight testing.
- Add new bulks to markem/videojet.
- Conducts sensory evaluations
- Manages and follows process controls in the packaging area
- Completes and ensures proper metal detector checks as a Critical Control Point (CCP)
- Engage in daily shift meetings using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment. Follow escalation process, standard work, and assist team in "Why Why" Problem Solving Analysis.
- Flows to the Work (FTW): supports gummy inspection (and other areas) in production as needed
- Must meet the site core skill requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years experience in a high volume manufacturing or nutritional supplements in the food industry preferred
- Basic mathematical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Capable of performing basic computer and data entry using PC hardware/software
- Organized and timely - uses organization and good time management skills
- Detail oriented - ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task. Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed.
- Communicates effectively with others using both oral and written communication skills.
- Be a team player - consistently acts as a member of the team.
- Work independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities are outlined and delegated.
- Display a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Honesty/integrity - ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and speak English.
- Physical demands - will work near and around moving mechanical parts. Must be able to stand or walk for 8-10 hours. Our production environment does not contain sedentary work. Must be able to pull, squat, kneel, stand, walk, climb and/or balance for 8-10 hours. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at [ Phone number blocked ] if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.
Ref # POS000004002