A shop helper is in charge of providing assistance to staff in and around the shop.
- Assist mechanics around the shop.
- Provide building and facility maintenance such as dump trash, pull weeds, & anything else that may be needed.
- Wash trucks as needed.
- Move trucks in and out of stalls for technicians.
- Provide steam cleaning/pressure washing assistance as needed.
- Clean shop floors, tool areas, shop tools and equipment, and other areas as needed.
- Pick up and deliver parts to the technicians.
- Retrieve parts from outside vendors when necessary.
- Pick up and drop off drivers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to more senior level Shop Technicians on larger jobs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
SKILLS & ABILITIES Computer Skills
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required PHYSICAL DEMANDS Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk C (Constantly) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs F (Frequently)
Reach Outward C (Constantly) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Reach Above Shoulder C (Constantly) Push / Pull
Climb C (Constantly) 12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Crawl C (Constantly) 13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel C (Constantly) 26-40 lbs F (Frequently)
Bend C (Constantly) 41-100 lbs F (Frequently) N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation. O (Occasionally)
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the position, location, and/or customer WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work outside as well as in a shop environment. Shop environment may not have air conditioning.
The company had reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.