Employee works as a team member to facilitate the thermal processing and food safety of glass containers by ensuring equipment is operating correctly and maintaining production standards.
In alignment with Act 593(B) this position is considered safety sensitive as this employee operates, maintains, and monitors machinery.
Associate is responsible for maintaining operations by operating various pieces of equipment in the Department such as cage loading equipment, retorts, pasteurizing equipment, and lift trucks along with communicating with other Operators upstream and downstream of their assigned equipment.
- Associate expected to ensure proper processing of purees and meat products in glass jars.
- Responsible for movement of glass jars and processing between cap coding and labeling. Duties may include loading cages with jars, pushing/pulling cages, refilling cage dividers, hoisting cages into and out of retorts, monitoring/programming thermal processing equipment (retorts and pasteurizers), assessing cap codes, and assessing damage to jars and/or caps among other duties.
- Associate may be expected to perform lift-truck operating duties
- Additional duties as assigned by department supervisor.
Must complete all documentation as required.
- Associate will perform quality checks according to the QMS
- Associate will perform all glass breakage monitoring and prevention duties
- Complete all area setups and checks.
- Order/return materials for production including staging materials to location using current inventory system.
- Associate is required to maintain area housekeeping and specific machine cleaning. Work requires moderate to great physical exertion. Work pace is above normal and requires extreme attention to detail.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Minimum High school diploma or GED required.
- Must attend and pass Better Process Controls School.
- Must be able to understand written English, recipes, written instructions and perform basic math skills.
- Associate will be required to use computers to perform job duties.
- Associate will be required to document that he/she is qualified to perform the functions of position.
- Employee must support and comply with all Company programs and policies including, but not limited to: affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence), TPM (Total Performance Management), GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS (Nestle Quality Management System) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
Required: Minimum 6 months relevant work experience
Preferred: 3 years' experience in food manufacturing or other manufacturing setting
Excellent Communication Skills
Moderate Computer Knowledge
Basic Math Skills
Attention to detail
Problem Solving Skills