Join Our Team: Join our strong and growing company today! Overview:
Elderwood at Hornell is seeking a full time Unit Clerk to be a critical member of our team.
Day/Evening schedule. Details to be discussed during interview.
Unit Clerk Position Overview:
- Unit Clerk team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing administrative support. This position is responsible for coordinating proper placement of documents in Medical Record; performing secretarial duties for assigned unit; assist with inventory and requisitioning of nursing supplies, forms and stock medications; schedule various appointments, laboratory or other diagnostic needs.
- Audit Medical Records of residents on assigned unit for proper order, completeness and "thinning" of charts.
- Close Medical Record following the hospitalization or permanent discharge of the resident.
- Perform other medical record procedures under the direction of the Unit Manager.
- Uphold all rules pertaining to protection, safekeeping and confidentiality of information regarding residents.
- Assist Medical Records Coordinator with preparation of Admission/Discharge Summary form.
- Type organizational lists and perform other secretarial functions for the unit, such as answering phones.
- Distribute mail to residents and staff of unit.
- Answer call light signals, direct or assist as appropriate.
- Coordinate the preparation of forms and documents needed periodically for Medical Records and Treatment Books, Resident Care Planning meetings, and MDS assessments. This includes aide assignment sheets, ROM/Ambulation Records, skin and behavior records.
- Coordinate obtaining of information from all disciplines for Inter-disciplinary Discharge Summary, and sending information to appropriate destination in a timely manner.
- Inventory and requisition supplies needed on the nursing unit, including nursing treatment supplies and printing of forms, as assigned.
- Schedule Podiatry and Dental Consultant appointments for residents; assist with scheduling of the influenza vaccinations, if applicable.
- Maintain lab report schedule for admission, routine and annual requirements or special needs of residents. Complete appropriate forms and schedule appointments for lab draws.
- Assist with obtaining statistics for nursing monthly report and for annual survey by New York State Health Department.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of physician visits and notify Attending Physicians of due date for visits, as required.
- Photograph residents upon admission and places picture in Medication Book.
- Assist with obtaining of room labels for resident rooms.
Minimum of 16 years of age required; HS diploma or equivalent preferred
Employment Certificate/Permit required for applicable individuals
Office practice skills necessary
Knowledge of medical records processing preferred but not required
Attention to detail and accuracy in work required
Personal qualities of tact and dependability, caring and compassionate attitude toward residents
An understanding of need for confidentiality and discretion in processing of information about residents required.
Basic understanding of medical terminology and accepted abbreviations.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.