12 Hour Day Shift
St. Francis Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking an experienced Unit Secretary for the ICU in a full-time , days shift position.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work for a community hospital; a place you can truly make a difference and grow your career!
- Our colleagues are key to our ability to fulfill our mission at St. Francis, and we could not be prouder of our "Healthcare Heroes"!!
The Unit Secretary will act as focus of communication in the nursing station regarding all unit patient care activities to ensure efficient coordination of the unit activities.
This position will also provide clerical support to the nursing staff and assist the manager, including: medical records maintenance, ordering of supplies, answering phones and recording phone messages, securing translation services for patients physicians and staff, assisting with patient needs within scope of practice, and handling inter and intra departmental communications to assist with the coordination of patient care.Top Reasons to Work at St. Francis Medical Center:
- Location central to Philadelphia and New York City
- Supportive team atmosphere
- Amazing health benefits package for FT and PT colleagues, eligible first day of employment
- Career growth and advancement potential (including tuition reimbursement!)
- Generous matching 403(b) retirement plan
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- High School Graduate/Equivalent
- Technical School/1-year college preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1-2 years secretarial or administrative assistant experience in a medical setting is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with medical software.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Prior experience in an administrative role.
- Knowledge of medical laws and protocols regarding confidential patient information.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.