Job ID: 427279
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain wall, storefronts and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings and more.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is seeking full-time Vertical Glass Operator to work 2nd shift at our Perrysburg facility. This position involves the operation of a vertical grinder to grind or polish glass edges. The operator tracks, locates, and records edger production on schedules provided by the lead person. This position may have daily or weekend overtime as dictated by the production schedule. Pay starts at $21.58 per hour with an increase to $22.78 after 6 months. APPLY TODAY AND START YOUR CAREER WITH AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and understand sketches and translate into proper machine setting
- Ability to read schedules and understand edger's production demands based on information schedules
- Operate a grinder to fabricate a quality ground or polished edge
- Operate overhead crane and vacuum lift
- Use of edging machine, dolly, crane, glass cups, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
- Perform routine maintenance on machines
- Complete daily work sheets and forms (including quality testing)
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- 2+ years of experience operating an industrial machine, preferred
- Ability to read, and understand English
- Basic computer familiarity
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Must be willing to work overtime, and weekends
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Prior experience working in glass manufacturing industry highly desirable
- Ability to grasp and squeeze small parts and large items
- Ability to stand on concrete, wearing required PPE, for up to 12 hours per day
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.). The production area is not climate controlled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Additional Information
What OBE Offers You
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Preemployment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Toledo Job Segment:
Machinist, Facilities, Design Engineer, Industrial, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering
This job has expired.