Position Title: Digital Content Associate
Reports To: Associate Director of Training
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program + (IRP+)
Department: Refugee and Welcome Services
Job Location: Remote
Grade Level: 6
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
CWS is a refugee resettlement agency, contracted through the State Department to administer the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program. As more that 70,000 Afghan evacuees are being resettled in the United States & 65,000 + refugees, CWS will be providing housing technical assistance to all national and local refugee resettlement agencies and Office of Refugee Resettlement service providers expanding housing availability for Afghan and other refugee arrivals., CWS will be providing housing technical assistance to all national and local refugee resettlement agencies and Office of Refugee Resettlement service providers expanding housing availability for Afghan and other refugee arrivals.
*Position is full time with benefits May-September 29,2022 with the possibility of extension contingent upon confirmed funding.
CWS seeks a creative digital content creator to support housing technical assistance supporting the resettlement of Afghan evacuees and refugees nationwide.
The digital content associate will be responsible for creating educational content for the online resource hub, e-learning module, and their associated social media accounts –Refugee Housing Solutions (Housing Technical Assistance).
This position may be a good fit for you if you:
Essential Duties:Digital Content Optimization
- Are passionate about using creative digital content to educate audiences about refugee resettlement
- Are a persuasive writer who is comfortable editing materials and optimizing them for the web
- Experienced with using social media as a tool for storytelling and community engagement
- Comfortable with design tools including canvas and the Adobe suite
- You are passionate about the CWS mission of transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster.
- Copy edit, design and publish resources for the Housing Technical Assistance Project, including training curriculums and materials for newcomers on housing maintenance, establishing financial savings and credit, and pathway to home ownership.
- Create customizable templates of key resources for use by local resettlement sites and office of refugee resettlement service providers.
- Keep the housing TA website updated, regularly adding new resources and updating homepage content to ensure relevancy to key audiences.
- Assist in the development of PowerPoint presentations for Lunch and Learn platform as well as other TA speaking engagements/trainings
- Serve as the main point of contact between program staff and web developers, managing any needed site updates or design projects.
- Serve as the main point of contact between program staff and the CWS communications team as needed.
- Developing the content calendar for each projects’ related social media handles (Facebook and Instagram).
- Distilling educational resources into graphics that are optimized for each platform in respect to text, dimensions and tone
- Writing compelling and engaging text to accompany videos, graphics or photos
- Develop materials, including digital invitations and social media graphics to promote e-learning materials, communities of practice, webinars, etc.
- Monitoring and replying to comments and inquiries
- Partner with CWS communication staff and local refugee agencies to incorporate storytelling into each project’s content streams.
- Expertise in designing and implementing successful digital content campaigns including use of social media platforms.
- Experience and comfort using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator, to create assets that can be leveraged with external audiences.
- Comfort and experience with web editing using WordPress or a comparable platform
- Familiarity with refugee resettlement preferred
Education & Certifications:
- Persuasive writer and communicator
- Skill at editing content diplomatically and collaboratively.
- Skill at organizing and managing projects to ensure timely completion within budget.
- A minimum of a B.A./B.S. in graphic design, communications or a related field; or comparable professional experience
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).Work Location:
This position is a role with in-person responsibilities with the option for remote work flexibility. The position is attached to an assigned duty station (Washington DC or CWS field location). Employees wishing to maintain a remote work arrangement must be able to fulfill the following conditions:
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Ability to report to designated duty station as needed
- Ability to maintain secure and appropriate personal work environment for day-to-day work
- Access to strong and reliable internet access
- Ability to adhere to CWS data security policies and protect sensitive and personally identifiable information
- Regular work hours must span core business hours 10AM-4PM Eastern time
- Close proximity to U.S. airport and ability to travel to attend CWS and external meetings, conferences and other in-person engagements.
- Must use CWS provided equipment such as laptop and cell phone.
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits