As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Innovation is a 140-person Mass General Brigham business development unit responsible for the worldwide commercial application of the breakthroughs and unique capabilities of the System's 82,000 employees and faculty. It drives revenue generation and patient benefit through industry collaborations, investing, company creation, licensing, and innovation management for the System's Harvard Medical School appointed faculty and hospitals including its core Harvard affiliates -- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts Eye and Ear and McLean Hospital.
Mass General Brigham Ventures ("MGB Ventures") is a business unit within Innovation. It was founded in 2008 to invest in early-stage venture capital to advance new life science technologies emerging from the Innovation network. MGB Ventures has $500 million in capital under management and a proven track record of value creation. Since inception, MGB Ventures has invested in 55 venture start-ups, realized 15 successful exits (enterprise value $20 billion), and produced strong financial returns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Member of the venture capital team responsible for accounting and financial reporting
• Maintain cash flow spreadsheets for monitoring portfolio company investments and calculating fund level performance (IRRs and realization ratios)
• Prepare detailed cash projections for monitoring investment capital and reserves
• Monitor portfolio investment transactions, performance measurement, and benchmarking
• Track paper and electronic stock certificates, and reconcile securities sales by brokers
• Interact with multiple outside financial and accounting industry professionals, including: outsourced administrator, independent accountants, banks, and brokers
• Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations for Investment Committee, Investors, and Internal Boards
• Oversee fund cash flow requirements, including coordination of capital calls and investor payments
• Prepare excel-based financial return models and valuation reports/comparable company analysis for portfolio investments
• Assist in annual audit, including determinations of Fair Value and preparation of supporting reports.
• Assist with SEC or other regulatory compliance as required
• Assist with website management (presence and content)
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4-6 years related work experience (e.g. venture capital/private equity, public accounting, or fund administration)
• Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
• Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
• Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
• Understanding of venture capital industry terms and practices (capitalization tables, LPAs, PPMs, Stock Purchase Agreements, Schedule K-1s, etc.)
• Solid GAAP interpretation and Financial Reporting experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
• Interest and experience in life sciences a plus, but not required
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 34 minutes ago
Traverse City, Michigan
Posted 34 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!