The Vertical Marketing Manager - Robotics will grow Kollmorgen's share of high-growth motion applications in the robotics industry segment by creating and enabling the successful global execution of Kollmorgen's overarching business strategy for this segment. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the industrial robotics segment, with specific insights into the complete ecosystem of suppliers, producers and customers of motion control in collaborative, mobile, surgical and other high value industrial robotic applications. This role will develop and drive execution of an annual business development and go-to-market strategy. This role will work in close partnership with sales, marketing and engineering organizations globally, serving as the company's internal expert and champion for the robotics segment, providing the necessary vision and industry expertise to build and execute successful marketing campaigns, sales enablement tools and sales strategies. This role will also define and drive the internal prioritization and execution of a segment-specific product/solution portfolio road map and business development/partnership opportunities.
- Develop annual segment-specific business strategy. Build deep understanding of market dynamics and players, emerging technologies, customer needs and buying behaviors, leveraging insights from segment experts, market research reports and robust first-hand "voice of customer" and "voice of sales" data collection. Conduct sizing and segmentation. Define prioritized set of target applications based on assessment of Kollmorgen value proposition and differentiators vs. those of competition. Define go-to-market strategy to maximize revenue growth.
- Define annual corporate growth targets, engaging with regional sales teams to ensure alignment and buy-in. Lead regular funnel reviews with regional sales teams to review progress towards KPIs, identify and resolve prioritized barriers, define characteristics of wins, and share best practices globally.
- Manage a team of Global Account Managers and technical experts dedicated to growing Kollmorgen's share of motion business among major customers, and ensuring long-term customer loyalty through effective overall account management processes
- Conduct ongoing research to maintain a current state view of segment dynamics and developments, and key Kollmorgen wins. Proactively share updates with key internal partners, acting as the internal champion for this segment.
- Define current and future state product / solution / service portfolio map to maximize win rate in target applications. Engage proactively with product marketing and engineering organizations to prioritize and ensure timely, coordinated delivery of new capabilities.
- Identify and pursue prioritized set of new business partnerships (technology and go-to-market) to deliver maximize segment growth.
- Provide vertical subject matter expertise to marketing activities intended to build Kollmorgen brand awareness, preference and demand among target sub-segments and applications. Create detailed profiles of target applications, accounts and personas. Define value propositions that tie directly to customer pain points and differentiate Kollmorgen solutions. Proactively engage in the definition, review, and execution of all marketing campaign activities.
- Create and deliver sales enablement tools and training to Kollmorgen's regional direct sales teams and channel partners. Act as a global subject matter expert, coach and advisor to regional teams for winning and retaining business.
- Champion the use of Altra Business System (ABS) tools working closely with regional marketing and sales teams to track performance, identify issues and define appropriate countermeasures and other actions to drive ongoing acceleration of growth in this segment.
Job Requirements Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years' strategy, marketing, sales and/or engineering experience, with at least 2 years in the robotics industry.
- Strong knowledge of B-to-B marketing, marcomm and selling best practices.
- Proven experience leading market characterization, sizing, segmentation strategies, and synthesizing market insights into comprehensive, effective business development and go-to-market strategies.
- Competence in using formal tools and processes for collecting voice of customer, defining CTQs, and product and portfolio road maps.
- Ability to define and document a detailed customer journey, pain points, Kollmorgen vectors of differentiation and messaging strategies to engage prospects and customers, building demand and preference for Kollmorgen solutions.
- Passion for delivering outstanding results. Ability to maneuver between strategic thinking, planning and tactical execution. Track record of executional excellence.
- Team leadership, motivation, coaching and development. Proven ability to drive results through effective management of direct reports as well as cross-functional internal and external partners & teams without formal authority
- Passion and enthusiasm for driving change, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- The managerial courage required to propose new approaches, take a tough stand when necessary, and provide candid input and feedback to colleagues at all levels of the company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - to both external and internal customers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10-15%)
- Role can be performed remotely
- MBA and/or engineering degree
- Direct or indirect experience in an engineering, marketing or sales capacity with industrial manufacturing, specifically machine building and motion control
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma or other tools for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Experience working within a multi-cultural, global environment
- Fluency in languages other than English, like Chinese and/or German a plus.
The Vertical Marketing Manager will report directly to the VP of Marketing Communications & Market Development.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com
This job has expired.