Location: Texas (Greater DFW Area)
The role of the Beef Technical Services Veterinarian is the application of technical expertise and industry knowledge to create value for our customers and meet our company's financial goals.
- Technical Knowledge
- Exhibits broad knowledge of:
- Economically relevant diseases and syndromes associated with bovine medicine across cow/calf, stocker, feedlot, and calf ranch businesses
- Basic knowledge of epidemiology, population medicine and research trial design and interpretation
- Mastery of technical information associated with entire Zoetis cattle portfolio as well as an unparalleled understanding of the science and development of these products.
- Demonstrates firm understanding of competitive animal health products developed and manufactured by other companies.
- Seeks to understand the varying business models of our customers, and how to utilize this information to apply Zoetis solutions to improve food safety, animal welfare and economic growth within our customers' businesses. To include:
- Solid understanding of the relative contribution of animal health and nutrition management to our customer's economic viability.
- Awareness of all factors that determine a producer's profitability including but not limited to: Cattle procurement, feed procurement and delivery, input and price risk management, labor management, customer retention and relationships.
- Ability to identify, navigate and leverage intangible issues that are relevant to a given account's operation such as marketing goals, quality assurance, regulatory concerns and interpersonal relationships within an account's management
- Relationship Building and Customer Management Skills
- Builds and maintains relationships and influence with our customers as well as key industry leaders including veterinarians, nutritionists, extension, university personnel and other consultants.
- Execution and follow through on customer requests
- Routinely interacts with veterinarians, nutritionists and other customers, including dealers, consultants, distributor representatives and producers to provide scientific support in such a way to help Zoetis maintain a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Acts as a resource to assist other team members by providing sound technical advice on routine animal health and management inquiries.
- Provides a broad array of animal health, management and production solutions that are based upon a customer-centric approach.
- Collaborates with and builds strong partnerships with Area Business Manager(s) to develop and execute the Area Operations Plan.
- Partners with Territory Business Managers (TBMs) to develop appropriate strategies that focus
on targeted accounts critical to the success of their individual sales areas.
- Works with TBMs to create, maintain and execute a customer-focused business development plan that clearly identifies current and future growth opportunities and allocates expense budget and resources for all high potential customers.
- Utilizes excellent presentation skills and appropriate tools (PowerPoint) to conduct educational training on products to both internal and external audiences.
- Provides ongoing technical training and education to colleagues within Zoetis.
- Advises and assists Zoetis Learning and Development on the technical content of training programs, as required.
- Provides specialty support to other areas or businesses as directed by management.
- Participates, as required, on special projects and tactical implmentation that aligns with key stakeholders to effectivley position products and the portfolio (e.g., reviewing sales material, participating on new product launch teams, providing assistance and support to Veterinary Medical Information and Product Support , etc.).
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of activities and customer interactions to specified management levels.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent
- Three (3) years post doctoral experience in clinical practice, academia, research or industry
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Current in assigned areas of veterinary medicine
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office and the ability to learn Zoetis internal systems)
- Two (2) years or more private practice experience
- Research experience, published scientific papers
- Proven record of accomplishments, demonstrating successful veterinarian practice management, strategy execution experience and leadership
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to exercise good judgment; make thoughtful and fair decisions based on relevant information
- Ability to interact with and influence Senior Management, peers, and other functions
- Multilingual, particularly Spanish and English
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.