VCA Park Hill Animal Hospital is a canine and feline exclusive small animal practice devoted to delivering the best quality care and client service within the urban Park Hill Neighborhood of Denver, CO. We are a busy, 3 doctor practice housed in a state of the art, modern facility boasting digital radiography, ultrasound, digital dental radiography, surgical suite with Cardell monitors, and in-house lab capabilities. Our hospital actively fosters a team-centered atmosphere. Successful applicants will be those who value communication, cooperation, and can provide compassionate care to both our clients and patients alike. We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high-quality veterinary medicine and patient care-with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen. In this position, you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients.
Duties will include:
- Compassionate nursing care is the top priority for all patients.
- Perform proper patient restraint while assisting veterinarians/technicians with patient treatments.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Preparing surgical suite and surgical patients.
- Filling prescriptions.
- Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imaging.
- Make certain all patients are kept clean and as comfortable as possible.
- Assist in treating hospitalized animals under veterinary supervision.
- Continuously monitor all patients admitted to the hospital.
- Ensure all patients are clearly identified including entry on hospital day sheet, cage card, and ID collar.
- Efficiently organize daily duties and medical-surgical procedures to best utilize staff's time.
- Participate in client communication and education, explaining administration of medications, follow-up care, diet recommendations, and general animal care.
- Flexibility in working hours is required to ensure that the job is done properly.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the hospital is maintained throughout the workday, including the stocking of medical supplies throughout the hospital.
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for eligible full-time employees, including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Pet care discounts
- Paid time off (including holiday and sick days)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Health and well-being program that provides resources and training
- Free membership to NAVTA
- Scholarship opportunities
- Student loan guidance
- Compensation negotiable based on experience and credentials, $18 to $20 per hour to start
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com