Location: 227 Sandy Springs Place, Suite 210, Sandy Springs, GA, 30328
VCA North Atlanta Animal Hospital is hiring a Care Concierge to join our team!
About the Role
At VCA North Atlanta, we strive to deliver a seamless digital and in-hospital experience by utilizing our client-facing mobile app, digital communication tools and proprietary practice management software to raise the bar for pet care.
The Care Concierge will use these tools and their interpersonal skills to provide an unmatched experience for our clients from pre-visit prep to hospital visits to post visit follow up.
This role will also assist veterinarians by capturing medical notes during the patient examination and create treatment plans to review with clients. This is an important role in our hospital that requires excellent client service skills, strong multitasking skills, superior listening skills, capability to learn medical terminology, and the ability to quickly capture accurate medical records in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
Duties will include:
- Reach out to clients prior to their visit to set expectations and collect required information
- Greet clients at their appointment time and bring them into the exam room
- Assist veterinarians by entering electronic medical records in real-time during the patient exam
- Create, present, and explain treatment plans per the veterinarian's recommendations
- Coordinate treatments with the veterinary technician team
- Book follow up appointments and activate prescription delivery for clients
- Review discharge instructions including medications with clients
- Checkout and collect payment in the exam room
- Follow up with clients to check on patients and communicate any test results
- Friendly, outgoing, and persuasive personality
- Minimum 2 years experience in hospitality, healthcare, or related industry
- Amazing client service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of listening to client concerns with desire to help solve their issues
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter, but also a strong team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced healthcare environment
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Exceptional listening and transcription skills
- Capable of learning medical terminology
- Ability to type 60wpm
- Comfortable around animals
- Willingness to assist with animal restraint, if needed
Our AAHA-accredited primary care practice is located in City Walk, in the heart of Sandy Springs just north of Atlanta.
We are a member of VCA IdeaPark, a group of hospitals working to rethink the future of veterinary medicine. If you are curious about different ways to solve existing problems in veterinary medicine and enjoy being on the leading edge, we are the team for you! You will be joining a network of like-minded associates, supported by an all-star team and have access to our latest digital tools.
Check out our website here: www.vcahospitals.com/north-atlanta
VCA Animal Hospitals is a community of over 800 hospitals across the US, including primary care, emergency, and specialty medicine. We offer world class medicine with hometown care. Together we are taking care of the future of veterinary medicine.
We are passionate about supporting our technicians and assistants and are committed to your personal career development. At VCA, you will enjoy an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve.
Benefits we offer include:
- Access to the people and resources of a large veterinary community
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Employer-paid short term disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) with matching
- Tuition support and sponsorships for veterinary technology degree and more
- Free wellness and self-care resources
- Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
Interested in learning more? Apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com