Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world's most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world's largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage.As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
VP, Market Officer
Market Officer- Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The VP, Market Officer is responsible for the overall P&L performance of the 10.8M sf. Market. They are accountable for its real estate performance, business planning, ongoing operations, Essentials performance and all resource allocation. This role will drive all initiatives and strategy for the market and will be the external market leader representing Prologis in the community. The VP - Market Officer will be accountable for the overall performance of the team and the operating portfolio while working hand-in-hand sourcing and helping to execute on deployment opportunities with the Investment Officer and other internal stakeholders.
What's needed in order to do that:
Tell us if you're ready
- Create, communicate, monitor and execute the vision, mission, strategy, objectives, business plan, budget, policies and operating plans for the assigned market.
- Develop and execute real estate and alternative revenue strategies and transactions to support Prologis' core business, plans, and objectives.
- Establish and build on the favorable market presence of Prologis. Report internally on market trends, maintaining a strong working knowledge and understanding of up-to-date market and transaction data. Lead and manage the 12-person market team, creating a collaborative environment and motivating team members to meet real estate and Essentials goals and objectives.
- Maintain real-time knowledge of the competitive landscape within the market and local industry.
- Financial Performance - responsible for meeting the financial goals and expense management for the assigned market.
- Prepare short- and long-term strategic plans, priorities, objectives, and the annual business plan for the market portfolio.
- Effectively understand and oversee financial accounting and reporting, identifying monthly trends, market rents, and regular forecasting as necessary.
- Partner, support and actively participate in the sourcing and execution of acquisition and development opportunities with the Investment Officer and key stakeholders.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with customers, brokers, developers, planners, consultants, and governmental/regulatory authorities to generate information about new land acquisition and business development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in effectively managing a team and influencing positive outcomes.
- Seasoned transaction management experience. Proven skills in contract review and lease/purchase and sale negotiations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all facets of asset and property management, leasing, brokerage, marketing, and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modeling and forecasting with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable items.
- High level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Strong customer orientation, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and/or management.
Target base compensation range of $163,000 - $200,000 plus bonus target to be discussed during initial phone interview.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vison insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k)-retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Employment Type:
Las Vegas, NevadaAdditional Locations: