Basic Job Functions:
The Software Development Engineer applicants for the position will require strong C# design and development skills. As a Software Development Engineer within GTS, you will be involved in planning, developing, maintaining, and implementing customized software applications for use by all VVG throughout the United States and Canada. You will have the opportunity to be a valued contributing member of a small development team with a focus on quality and continuous improvement. You will also need to have the willingness and ability to travel infrequently for meetings with/for users, teammates, and training.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead and uphold safety practices, policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards, at all times.
1. Three or more years of experience designing, developing and supporting application development.
2. Proficiency in C# .NET
1. Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented design, programming concepts, and best practices.
2. Experience with preparing and executing on detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
3. Knowledge of design patterns and how to apply them.
4. Understanding of Agile software development principles and experience participating in Agile projects.
5. Experience with Microsoft DevOps for source control and team collaboration.
6. Experience with Web development.
7. Experience with Azure cloud platform.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!