Press Warehouse Stock
About the Department
The University of Chicago Press Distribution Center (CDC) fulfills orders of UChicago books as well as those of roughly 150 other scholarly publishers. Those orders primarily come from authors, professors, bookstores and major wholesalers.
- Receive, code and submit invoices for payment approval.
- Order supplies proactively and as instructed for all departments of Distribution Center.
- Reconcile and file management's expense reports as needed.
- Collect and report daily attendance of all CDC departments.
- Carry relevant working knowledge of al CDC departments to provide assistance to management as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- High level of discretion in sensitive matters.
- Customer Service oriented.
Education, Experience, or CertificationsEducation:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Good math, bookkeeping and accounting skills preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Experience in a warehouse environment.
- At least two years of publishing experience required, preferably in books.
- Excellent writing skills, word-processing experience and the ability to work with and understand complex computer reports a must.
- Understanding of warehouse operations a plus.
- Previous experience in inventory control preferred.
- Material handling equipment experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Microsoft Office skills and experience in Warehouse Management systems required.
- Understanding of inventory best practices.
- Exposure to warehouse environment.
- Use computer for extensively for four hours or more.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- $18.61 - $27.24 per hour.
When applying, the document(s) MUST
be uploaded via the My Experience
page, in the section titled Application Documents
of the application.
YesRequires Compliance with University Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
Please refer to Additional Requirements to see the pay ranges
Scheduled Weekly Hours
024- Local 743, I.B.T. Clerical
Job is Exempt
Drug Test Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Health Screen Required
Remove from Posting On or Before
Employees must comply with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at:http://securityreport.uchicago.edu.Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
This job has expired.