Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions?
Wood is currently recruiting for a highly motivated and results-oriented professional who is looking to gain direct experience on a wide range of water-related projects. We are experts in surface water modeling, civil/site design, green infrastructure planning and design, integrated water resource management, and environmental compliance. We take pride in providing an atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models to support flood mitigation and floodplain studies and stormwater collection systems.
- Develop design options, alternatives, or recommendations for site/ civil design projects.
- Perform occasional field data collection and site visits.
- Serve as technical staff to support successful project delivery.
- Support development of long-range institutional and municipal stormwater programs
- Compile and present results of engineering and planning studies.
- Participate in local and regional civil/water resources-related organizations.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related technical degree.
- EIT certification.
- Minimum 0-2 years of experience in civil/water resources engineering projects
- Familiarity with the following software packages:
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Strong communication skills
- Master of Science in Civil/ Water Resources Engineering or related engineering degree.
- Hands-on experience with the following software:
- EPA or PC SWMM
- Advanced GIS experience such as Model Builder, Python, and advanced analysis tools (Spatial & 3D Analyst), plus a good understanding of surface water quality and watershed assessment.
- Working knowledge of the Clean Water Act (including NPDES and wetland protection standards) and municipal land use regulations.
- Familiarity with green stormwater infrastructure design
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.