Ardurra is seeking a Water/Wastewater Project Engineer to join our staff in Oklahoma City, OK.
This position will be expected to plan, design, and possibly manage multidiscipline projects consisting of water/wastewater treatment and collection/distribution systems for municipal type clients in the Oklahoma region. The individual should be capable of performing the technical design and/or hydraulic modeling requirements on water/wastewater projects and additional consideration will be given to those that have experience managing a team of engineers, EIT's, CADD technicians, and sub consultants, to successfully execute these types of projects. Other items to be considered will be the individual's ability to develop or assist with the preparation of statement of qualifications and proposals, interact with and be responsive to client's needs, negotiate contracts, and develop additional business for Ardurra.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Develop detailed designs, plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates for treatment plants, pipelines, pump stations, tanks and other water / wastewater storage and conveyance systems or the ability to independently manage a team of professionals to do so. More specific responsibilities include performing or managing engineering/process design, hydraulics, pumping systems, and treatment process projects
- Provide responses to request for qualifications and assist with teaming opportunities
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with the multiple departments and sub-consultants required for multi-discipline projects
- Ability to create, calibrate, modify and perform hydraulic modeling for water and wastewater systems, and interpret and communicate the results to others
- Perform business development duties with current and potential clients
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or other related Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in the municipal water/wastewater and/or public works field of engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineer's license in the state of Oklahoma or the ability to gain licensure within 1 year
- Experience in managing production and treatment projects as well and/or experience performing water distribution and wastewater collection modeling is preferred
- Advanced understanding of water treatment / distribution and wastewater collection / treatment principles and state regulations is preferred
- Ability to research and utilize available resources
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to lead or assist a project team to completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our company culture is a must
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with multiple professionals involved in water / wastewater type projects and to manage the performance of various personnel in other departments
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Business Development
- Engineering Design Process