At Cambia, our members need us more than ever, and to continue serving them, we need to be vaccinated. Following federal mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100% remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
Primary Job Purpose
Workforce Optimization Short Term Planning Analyst supports Operations by designing staffing plans to provide a quality experience for our members while balancing operational expense. Ensures key performance indicators' (KPI) are met though accurate planning and balancing of staff to prioritized work. The team performs forecasting, scheduling, intra-day management and work allocation for multiple business partners and monitors performance real-time utilizing Facets, NICE WFM, K2, inContact and other tools to ensure effective daily inventory management.
The Workforce Optimization Short Term Planning Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that goals are met by creating schedules designed to staff the right number of people, with the right skills, at the right time of day. Analyst IIs work with Workforce Management (WFM) software to create short-term demand forecasts, and schedules to balance service level performance with budget.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Adjust staffing requirements daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly based on analysis of changes in volume, Average Handle Time and shrinkage. Communicate staffing and scheduling requirements to management. Provides data and alternatives course of action including development of various scheduling scenarios to management use for in decision making and planning.
- Perform short-term planning functions such as volume forecasting, generate staffing requirements by interval, PTO planning, planning for non-productive time (i.e. off-phone time, secondary work tasks) and recommend staffing adjustments (overtime / VTO) to operational leadership. Track and analyze forecast variance, revising model assumptions to reduce forecast variances. Eloquently communicate analytic insight into the key drivers of forecast variance to key stakeholders.
- Design schedules aligned to current demand projections for the bi-annual schedule auction. Critically review schedule performance and adjust schedules to optimize service level achievement.
- Coordinate cross training opportunities driving special projects designed to maximize efficiency and increase productivity and quality within Operations.
- Foster open and effective communication with Operations Management to exchange insights on factors that will impact SLA achievement, productivity, and staffing levels.
- Represents WFM in change programs to develop robust business requirements to design and integrate new technology into the production environment.
- Influence strategy to share work across traditional boundaries and optimize overall productivity.
- Track staffing, shrinkage, occupancy and other key assumptions that influence the future staffing plan and provide timely input into the long-term planning process.
- Monitor shrinkage and engages operational leaders to improve agent productivity.
- Present workforce models, scenarios and potential solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for optimizing the queue structure and staffing of employees staffed across the network.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Project management skills which include the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and develop multiple projects within time constraints.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills to effectively communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience in developing volume forecasts and calculating staffing requirements designed to achieve business objectives cost-effectively.
- Adept in the analysis of present workforce requirements; an identification of future requirements; a comparison of the present workforce to future needs to identify gaps and surpluses; the preparation of plans for building the workforce needed in the future; and an evaluation process to assure that the workforce model remains valid and that objectives are being met.
- Proven ability to perform difficult analytical and problem-solving tasks with minimum supervision.
- Proven competency in applying analytical techniques to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to management.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
Workforce Optimization Short Term Planning Analyst would have four-year degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or related and 3+ years relevant experience in a contact center, customer service or claims department is critical, preferably in a workforce management role or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work Environment
- Work primarily performed in an office environment
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours
This position includes 401(k), healthcare, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealth.com/careers/total-rewards
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com
This job has expired.