GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Working under general supervision and following standard policies and procedures, performs routine preventive maintenance (PM) on operating mechanical equipment throughout the Hospital. Provides information for the P.M. program. Responds to emergency calls. Responsible for snow removal as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Performs routine preventive maintenance on automatic doors and roll up doors and fire doors.
2) Installs new automatic doors
3) Responds to emergency calls for the memios trash and linen system
4) Ensure all work is completed within ICRA & ILSM guidelines
5) May be required to assist other trades as needed.
6) Responsible for snow removal as needed.
7) Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
May supervise one or more employees.
Complete daily charge out on labor hours worked and materials used via IPad.
1) Frequent exposure to extreme dust, dirt, fumes and outside elements throughout Hospital equipment areas.
2) Occasional exposure to moderately severe hazards of steam, water, acids, tool usage, biohazard and low level radiation; however, compliance with safety procedures minimizes risks.
3) Physical ability to stand, lift, bend, and stoop throughout the work day. Occasionally (less than 15% of the time) must exert effort to lift over seventy pounds.
4) Subject to be called in anytime for emergencies.
5) Respond to problems as required of all trades when working off-hour shifts.
6) Compliance with Hospital rules and standards, universal precaution procedures to minimize risks; compliance with hospital and department rules on uniforms; also requires the use of safety equipment such as respirator, safety glasses, etc. on specific job assignments.
7) Some overtime will be required.
8) Provide own hand tools.
1) Completion of a high school and one year beyond in mechanics or HVAC; or, graduation from a technical high school and the equivalent combination of experience & training.
2) Three to five years of related experience.
3) Knowledge of mechanics, tool usage, pneumatics.
4) Physical ability to climb stairs, ladders and walk almost constantly. Occasionally is required to work in confined areas.
5) Interpersonal skills to exchange information with other shop's personnel about work needed, to provide on-the-job training and to conduct formal skill-building training classes.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.